He joined CURELL SUÑOL in 1997. At present he is the Head of the Patent and Designs Department of the Firm. His duties include assessing on patent and design matters, preparing and carrying out proceedings related to patent and industrial design applications in Spain, the European Union and worldwide, performing searches, analyzing freedom to operate and patentability, drafting expert reports, out-of-court claims, licenses, among other activities.
He previously worked in AMES (metallurgical company of sintered products) as research engineer, and in SEAT (Volkswagen Group), in the purchasing area and as product manager of the Ibiza car model.
He is a M. Sc. in Materials Science and Engineering (specialized in Metallurgy) – Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in 1989.
Member of the Colegio Oficial de Agentes de la Propiedad Industrial – COAPI
Member of the European Patent Institute – EPI
Member of the Colegio Oficial de Ingenieros Industriales de Catalunya – COEIC
President of the Spanish Group of AIPPI
Member of several international organizations specialized in Intellectual Property: FICPI, MARQUES and INTA.
He is a professional entitled to act before the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (SPTO), the European Patent Office (EPO), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
He teaches in training and continuing education courses in Industrial Property:
– Practical preparation course for the European Qualifying Examination (EQE), organized by the Centre of Patents of the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (SPTO) (since 2007)
– European Patent Law Course, organized by the Centre d’Études Internationales de la Propriété Intellectuelle (CEIPI) and by EOI Business School (since 2009)
– Course on Patent Expert in the Business field organized by the University of Mondragón (since 2010)
– European Patent Law Course, organised by the Centre d’Études Internationales de la Propriété Intellectuelle (CEIPI) (2012).
– Procedure in the European Patent Convention and PCT, organized by the Colegio Oficial de Agentes de la Propiedad Industrial (COAPI) (2012).
He speaks German, Spanish, Catalan and English.